Carly's Wicked Blog

Keep Calm and Love Turtles

Scituate vs. Austin: Holidays

December15

Since I’ve moved to Austin from Scituate (which is in Massachusetts for those who were wondering), I’ve noticed a lot of the differences between them. The list could go on and on and on and on and on and—well, you get the idea. So I’m going to focus on the holiday season for now…

Austin: The winter is spent walking around at the Hill Country Galleria, usually only wearing a jacket to brace the cold.
Scituate: The winter is spent sledding down snowy hills wearing a snow pants, a bulky jacket, a scarf, hat, and mittens.

Austin: They make fake snow and people come out to the Galleria to see it.
Scituate: You have your own personal winter wonderland in your backyard!

Austin: I think it would be a Christmas miracle if we had a white Christmas.
Scituate: Dreaming of a white Christmas isn’t such an unrealistic goal.

Austin: Our weather is like a roller coaster! One day, it’s almost snowing and the next I’m in shorts.
Scituate: You don’t even need to check the weather forcast. Everyone knows it already: COLD.

Austin: We have one snow day (yay!) and we have to go to school on President’s Day (meh).
Scituate: Five days are incorporated into the schedule in case of snow. Because of that, their holiday vacation is shorter than our’s.

Austin: If it snows at all, then we don’t have to go to school. We had an unexpected late start because the road’s were icy.
Scituate: They’ll only get a snow day if it’s really coming down.

by posted under Fun, Random | No Comments »    

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Recent Comments

Skip to toolbar